[mythtv-users] Ceton Infinitv ETH 6 configuration

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Mon Aug 5 14:37:37 UTC 2013

On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 8:45 PM, Joseph Bebel <joseph.bebel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm fortunate enough to borrow a Ceton InfiniTV ETH 6 to play around with
> for a while and I'm trying to set it up with mythtv on Ubuntu 13.04 with the
> mythbuntu ppa (mythbackend version: fixes/0.26 [v0.26.0-220-g92dbb43]). (It
> should also be noted I have never used mythtv before)
>
> I followed the PCIe instructions as best I could, adding the tuner as RTP
> and adding a channel to the channel list. Unfortunately the frontend says it
> can't get a channel lock/says 'Signal 100% | (_L__) Partial Lock', and when
> I look at the mythbackend output I see (where 192.168.1.23 is the IP of the
> Ceton device):
>
> E CetonSH(192.168.1.23-RTP.0): GetProgramNumber() failed to get a non-zero
> program number
>
> I verified that the Ceton device itself works by (in this exact order)
> starting VLC on my laptop set to rtp://@:8000, going to the web interface at
> 192.168.1.23, going to tuner 1, setting the channel manually, setting RTP
> streaming to 'Started' with my laptop's IP, port 8000, and then VLC starts
> playing that channel.
>
> I'm also a little confused by the way the tuners are numbered, as it seems
> mythtv numbers starting at 0 and the Ceton device numbers tuners 1-6, so I
> tried configuring mythtv with tuner 3 but got the same result (except
> mythbackend now says 192.168.1.23-RTP.3)

Probably not going to be much help since I don't have one of these...
but typically with ATSC and QAM tuners, you specify a channel and a
'program'.  The program number is the multiplex to tune.  If your
using a cable card, you won't specify a program since it will use a
channel map to map channel 10 to channel 123 program 5 (for example).

That non-zero program number error makes me think that perhaps MythTV
is sending the physical channel and program, rather than the logical
channel number that the card expects.

Perhaps somewhere in the setup you set it to QAM when it shouldn't be?