[mythtv-users] Mythtranscode (lossless cutting commercials) and audio track names

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Sun Aug 4 07:47:20 UTC 2013

On 03.08.2013 23:34, Michael Stucky wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com
> <mailto:dheianevans at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     One of my PBS channels broadcasts older shows in English 2ch and
>     Spanish Castilian 2ch. After the lossless transcode I end up with
>     two tracks that are both Undetermined 2ch.
>
>     Is there anyway for mythtranscode to leave the audio track names alone?
>
> It is my understanding that the problem is the conversion of the mpeg2
> "ts" stream to mpeg2 "ps".

That's also my understanding. Changing mythtranscode to write Matroska
files might be an option as it supports all the audio / subtitle / video
formats that you have on TV. But that would break the UPNP server.

Maybe one of the scripts at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:User_Job_Scripts does what you want
in the meantime?

Regards,