[mythtv-users] 0.25 to 0.26 upgrade issue with MYSQL

Steve Greene sgreene59 at verizon.net
Sat Aug 3 23:30:02 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-08-03 at 22:33 +0000, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 9:53 PM, Steve Greene <sgreene59 at verizon.net> wrote:
> > No firewall set and I did change mythconverg permissions to allow access
> > from my subnet.
>
> Did you check the (usually located at) /etc/my.cnf file for
> the bind address as Thomas suggested?  Some distros
> default to localhost (127.0.0.1).
>
> Gary

Actually, in Mint its "/etc/mysql/my.cnf". I did, I changed it to my
static IP.  I also changed /etc/mysql/conf.d/mythtv.cnf to point my
static IP address and it didn't help either.

Not sure what's going on...

Steve
--
"There is always an easy solution to every human problem--neat,
plausible, and wrong."   H.L. Mencken