[mythtv-users] 0.25 to 0.26 upgrade issue with MYSQL

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 19:30:49 UTC 2013

On 08/03/2013 01:39 PM, Steve Greene wrote:
> On Sat, 2013-08-03 at 14:00 -0400, Craig Treleaven wrote:
>> At 1:33 PM -0400 8/3/13, Steve Greene wrote:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>> I finally decided to upgrade my existing 0.25 system. I installed Linux
>>> Mint 15 and used the myth and mysql default packages. Since the upgrade
>>> I can't connect to my database via my static IP address.  I've checked
>>> my config.xml, it points to the IP address and has the correct database
>>> name, username and password.  I can manually connect to the database
>> >from the command line. I checked my.cnf and set bind-address to my
>>> static IP. There is no "skip-networking" line. $/mythtv-setup still
>>> fails on the database connection.  Is this a known issue with a known
>>> fix?
>>
>> Database permissions set to allow remote access?
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV-HOWTO#Modifying_access_to_the_MySQL_database_for_multiple_systems
>>
>> Craig
>
> Yep, set to my local IP subnet. It's behaving as if "skip-networking"
> were set.  I can set myth to "localhost" as the hostname and it
> connects. I'm about ready to restore my backup, if I can't figure this
> out.

I don't know why your command line test passes and mythtv-setup
fails. Are you running the command line test with the same
parameters (e.g. -h <IP> and -u mythtv?) Also, do you have a
file under: /etc/mysql/conf.d that overrides my.cnf? That's
where local changes should go anyway (so that developer
changes in my.cnf don't blow away local changes.)

--
Bill