[mythtv-users] Disabled metadata button in 0.26

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Thu Aug 1 19:59:27 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-08-01 at 04:45 -0700, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> I see that in 0.26 (specifically, changeset be2f9d9fe
> (<URL:http://code.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/be2f9d9febe857b54edc695a7ed122f77580ee3d/mythtv>))
> the metadata button in Schedule Editor is disabled unless one of the
> recording options is selected.  This means that if one wants to change
> the the cover or fan art for a completed recording that no longer has
> a recording rule attached to it, one now has to first choose a
> recording option (any one) to enable the button. This is no big deal,
> of course; just one extra step. My question is, is this the
> recommended method? Is there a better way to handle recording art in
> 0.26 that I'm missing?

That's better than my method (for completed recordings 0.26
+fixes/0.27)..
>From recordings screen menu "recording options":
- enable record this episode (enables metadata options)
- select "metadata options"
- set series & episode (if missing/wrong)
- hit query button
- download artwork check if right
- conditionally remember the inetref/save exit.

re-enter "edit metadata options"
- set series & episode if wrong
- enter inetref
- save/exit

So much easier to not bother for completed recordings..
B.