[mythtv-users] Filenames and UTC

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Apr 30 12:37:08 UTC 2013

On 30/04/13 12:50, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 04/30/2013 05:48 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> Since switching my main box to 0.26, and with DST now in force in the
>> UK, I'm running into cases where the filename being used to access a
>> recording is based on local start time, and the process fails.
>>
>> One example is in my mythDVBcut script; it ought to be changed but at
>> present I can correct on entry.
>
> I'm guessing here you mean you're correcting the user job command, as
> described in the release notes at
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.26#Special_Notices_.26_Instructions

No.  This (shock, horror) is still a keyboard job and the correction
requires mental arithmetic;  to be honest, I like to see the auxiliary
output in real time and I haven't worked out a way of setting that up
from a real user job.

>>   Another is in MythArchive:
>>
>> Node = starttime, Data = 2013-04-01T20:28:00+01:00
>>
>> Pre-processing recording 5: '/mnt/sam1/recb/1002_20130408202800.mpg'
>>
>> Result: 34, Command was mytharchivehelper -q -q --getfileinfo --infile
>> "/mnt/sam1/recb/1002_20130408202800.mpg".......
>>
>> where the filename is actually 1002_20130408192800.mpg
>>
>> There are clearly many ways of mending this; I looked on the wiki and
>> found things like %PROGSTARTUTC%  for use in setting up a user job,
>> but it isn't clear how I would use it in the cases above.
>>
>> Can anyone recommend a simple general solution that already exists?
>> bash and/or python wanted.
>
> So you're saying MythArchive itself is not using the proper times?
> You're not talking about your own custom code or anything?
>
> Mike

I do have a custom version of mythburn.py, but I don't think it has
touched this.  Mytharchive helper probably shouldn't be using the
--infile argument, but changing that would require a rebuild and
consequent complication and/or delay.  Within mythburn.py I can do
immediate hacks - but, to repeat, I don't think they are responsible here.

As you know,  I believe few people use MythArchive regularly and I find
some of the defaults irksome.