[mythtv-users] Can you perform a reschedule from accessing a web page / api?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Sun Apr 28 18:29:21 UTC 2013

On 28.04.2013 18:10, Thomas Mashos wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 2:48 AM, nospam312 <nospam312 at gmail.com
> <mailto:nospam312 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     On 27 April 2013 17:40, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com
>     <mailto:raymond at wagnerrp.com>> wrote:
>
>         Why do you need to issue a reschedule?  The only reason to do so
>         would be if you were changing the recording rules, and any
>         command that results in a change of the rules should
>         automatically issue a reschedule.  It's not something you should
>         need to do manually.
>
>     I am adding my own records to the record table so I need a reschedule.
>
> Don't do that!

I agree, please avoid manually fiddling about with the database. I'm
not finding it at the Services API, but you could use the Python
bindings instead

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/0.25_Python_Bindings/Data_Handlers#Record

e.g. Record.fromGuide which "Return a recording rule matching the given
Guide object. Can optionally provide a recording type, and wait for the
scheduler run to finish."

Regards,
Karl

PS: I still don't know what you are trying to achieve by adding records
to the database, so I can't see if a matching Services API call would
suit your needs.