[mythtv-users] CCI=none vs. CCI=any SF Bay Area

Patrick Ouellette ne4po at arrl.net
Fri Apr 26 18:55:48 UTC 2013

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 11:34:25AM -0700, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> Oh yeah, I've had a really nice unidirectional antenna sitting in
> the garage for a year. Problems are 1. the HOA and 2. sitting in a
> bit of a valley.

For problem #1, the HOA can not prohibit installation of a receiving
antenna for TV unless they provide an alternative way to access OTA
programming (like a common antenna for the development).  This may
also include not being able to prevent erection of a "support structure"
to compensate for problem #2.

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/over-air-reception-devices-rule

It may all be more trouble than it is worth, depending on your relationship
with the HOA board and your neighbors.

Pat