[mythtv-users] Recent "pixelation" or "glitches" in recordings (HDHR related?)

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Thu Apr 25 05:03:18 UTC 2013

On 24.04.2013 20:30, Joseph Fry wrote:
>     needed to play a specific recording to be started, as the actual
>     locations for the files are not stored in the database.
>
> Interesting, I had never heard that before.  Sounds like it would be
> worth lobbying to have changed, perhaps have it confirm they are
> available on some sort of schedule rather then every time the user opens
> the watch recordings screen.

IIRC it is on "the list" of someone already but keeps getting pushed
back. Which means, that if you arrange your setup to nicely shuffle
recordings around between SSD and spinning disks, you'll get nice
savings with some future software update.

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/wiki/TaskRecordedFile

Regards,
Karl