[mythtv-users] Daylight Savings Time issues

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 20:22:22 UTC 2013

> And as for the problem Dan (the OP) was having--it was with your system,
> not MythTV.  Your system didn't inform MythTV of the time change, so MythTV
> was operating properly.  That's why the reboot fixed it.
>
> Mike

Nothing special about the system... Just a standard ubuntu install with
mythtv from the standard repositories installed.  Everything else on the
system new what time it was.
IIRC, even mythtv knew what time it was.  If myth can't read the system
clock correctly, that sounds like a myth bug to me.

If there is some known issue with this basic setup... it would be nice to
know what it is, or who we would report it to.

That said... I'll hopefully have time to upgrade to latest again before the
next DST change, so I can see if the problem goes away then with the new
date handling.  I've dealt with this so long now, however, that its become
second nature.  Test the smoke alarms.  Kick the myth box in the head so
its not off by an hour :)

Dan