[mythtv-users] [SPAM] [Bayesian][lowconfidence] Ubuntu 12.10 / Technotrend 1600

Alex Monaghan alex at starfleet-hq.com
Mon Apr 22 15:13:37 UTC 2013

>Current issue

>The TT1600 cards both seem to timeout with lots (hundreds) of the following
entry in /var/log/syslog

>Apr 18 16:35:12 tv kernel: [81540.704512] saa7146: saa7146 (0)
saa7146_i2c_writeout [irq]: timed out waiting for end of xfer

>If I run mplayer on the console it gives a tuning timeout message. I can
open the Tevii card OK with mplayer and I can watch TV OK on the settop box,
so the dish is OK.

>Rebooting or reloading the module with "rmmod budget; modprobe budget"
brings the cards back into life and they can be seen again by mplayer and
mythtv.

>As both TT1600's timeout I'm ruling out a card failure, also they both
spring into life when the driver module is re-loaded without a power cycle.

As an update, the syslog had an error amongst the thousands of saa7146 error
messages there was an interrupt error suggesting to use irq polling in the
kernel, after a quick tweak of grub it is now keeping the cards loaded (so
the kids didn't kill me for failing to record Dr Who!).

We're still pixelating, but the patch needs a kernel rebuild so I'll need to
fit in some time between work and recording schedules.

Alex