[mythtv-users] + Kworld and Avermedia Tuners

vinnieadapousonie at aol.com vinnieadapousonie at aol.com
Fri Apr 19 19:28:12 UTC 2013

Should I expect http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7493661&CatId=4546 (Kworld UB445-U2 USB-TV Tuner - ATSC/8VSB Intput, Clear QAM, High
Definition, FM Radio Input, Dolby AC-3 Audio, AV Input) to work with mythtv on MAC OS X 10.5.8, out of the box, without a need for additional drivers or software?

Although I am not really in a position to spend that kind of money on a tuner, now, I was considering http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4498016&CatId=1427, (AVerMedia MTVHDVMXR AVerTVHD Volar Max TV Tuner) but, since that appears to be a digital tuner only I am guessing I would not be able to connect a coaxial cable from my old VHS vcr to it and transfer my old VHS tapes to computer disk and CD. whereas, I am guessing I would be able to do that, in additional to watching over-the-air TV, with the UB445-U2.