[mythtv-users] nVidia driver 304.88: problems

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Thu Apr 18 16:15:08 UTC 2013

On 4/18/13 11:03 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> However, I did find another bug when the desktop refresh rate is set
> to 60Hz and you're trying to play a 50Hz interlaced video.
>
> I've reported the bug:
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11493
>
> I've made some changes that reduce the change of resolution/refresh
> rate to a minimum, including when mythfrontend start...
>
> I'm on it...
> JY

Jya,
FYI: I have exactly such setup and 310.44 works for me as expected on my
tiny ION1s.
My TV reports by EDID 60Hz refresh preferred mode - so right after start
FE driving it with 60Hz.
Staring playback of 50i content switches mode to 50Hz and correctly
using 2x HW deinterlacer (so 50i goes to 25p and next Nvidia makes it
50p on hardware).
I see 2xHW deinterlacer works as news channels scrolling bars are really
smooth (so motion interpolation does job).

I have however issue with unnecessary mode switches - but this issues is
already well covered in this thread :-)

br