[mythtv-users] How to configure for HD channel to get priority (Freesat/Freeview UK)?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Apr 18 08:59:22 UTC 2013

On 17/04/13 18:37, nospam312 wrote:
>> In unstable/development/0.27-pre, the channel priority works the way most
>> people always thought it works--it actually only affects individual shows
>> that are available on both channels (not saying that "Honey Boo Boo" (which
>> for illustrative purposes we'll say is only on Freesat) is +1 because it's
>> on BBC1 HD (which could bump it up to win out over some better (any other?)
>> show), but saying, "If Dr Who is airing on BBC1 HD and BBC1 non-HD, try to
>> record it on BBC1 HD").  So in future MythTV, you'll just use channel
>> priorities.
>>

> Very helpful replies.
>
> I think I am going to use the recpriority of the channel and keep an eye on
> things until 0.27 comes out.
>
> I do not have any other priorities set.
>
> Does 0.26 have a general if the programme is in HD + 1 to the priority
> setting so all HD flagged recordings get a priority increase?  If it does
> where is it set?
>
> Does anyone know where in the guide data it stores a flag for HD content
> (using XMLTV Radio Times UK)?
> Do you need to use a special XMLTVID for HD channels so the guide data
> knows the programme is in HD?

HD broadcasts are carried on a separate channel and, as such, have their own
xmltvid. (This has 'hd' as part of the URI.)

The best way to see what is going on is to run tv_grab_uk_rt from the command
line with --configure into temporary files in your own user and then examine the
output files. This will enlighten you as to exactly what is happening.

--

Mike Perkins