[mythtv-users] How to configure for HD channel to get priority (Freesat/Freeview UK)?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 17:37:12 UTC 2013

> In unstable/development/0.27-pre, the channel priority works the way most
> people always thought it works--it actually only affects individual shows
> that are available on both channels (not saying that "Honey Boo Boo" (which
> for illustrative purposes we'll say is only on Freesat) is +1 because it's
> on BBC1 HD (which could bump it up to win out over some better (any other?)
> show), but saying, "If Dr Who is airing on BBC1 HD and BBC1 non-HD, try to
> record it on BBC1 HD").  So in future MythTV, you'll just use channel
> priorities.

Very helpful replies.

I think I am going to use the recpriority of the channel and keep an eye on
things until 0.27 comes out.

I do not have any other priorities set.

Does 0.26 have a general if the programme is in HD + 1 to the priority
setting so all HD flagged recordings get a priority increase?  If it does
where is it set?

Does anyone know where in the guide data it stores a flag for HD content
(using XMLTV Radio Times UK)?
Do you need to use a special XMLTVID for HD channels so the guide data
knows the programme is in HD?

Thanks