[mythtv-users] nVidia driver 304.88: problems

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 03:41:11 UTC 2013

On 15 April 2013 12:14, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Try turning off "Separate video modes for GUI and TV playback".  I have
> this memory that nVidia changed how the available modes are being returned,
> and Myth no longer understands them, or some such.

Oh, but here I could have myth not running at all and it gives me the same
behaviour

This issue of Myth not choosing the right refresh rate is one of the reason
I didn't mind updating to 3xx drivers, so I could have a look myself and
fix it as required.

Myth uses the NVctrl extension to query the refresh rates available, not
xrand etc.. so I'd be surprised if they did change something in there...

But while I don't mind loosing for a shortwhile the ability to change
refresh rate on the go, having to ssh to my htpc, restart X whenever I want
to watch something, isn't...