[mythtv-users] possible alternative to HDhomerun? TBS MOI

mythtv . mythtv at harley-jones.co.uk
Thu Apr 11 06:33:03 UTC 2013

Well, I've had my MOI for about a week now, As supplied it's running a
buildroot/ulibC userspace and a Kernel without NFS support or loadable
module support, So i've rebuilt the kernel and installed Debian Wheezy to a
SD card. I have it running a v0.26 slave backend from the debian-multimedia
repo.

> I've currently got it recording to a NFS sever but the performance is
> questionable, it can manage a SD single recording, but seems to struggle
> with two. on Investigation it would appear to be network related, whilst
> recording two streams the kernel rpciod process uses around 60%CPU
> (mythbackend is around 35%) I've done some testing with IPERF and could't
> get it above 50mbits (where as my master backend to the same server hits
> 950mbits) so there is something wrong with it's network stack, but I'm not
> sure where to look.
>
> Any ideas anyone or should I just right this off to experience?
>
> R.

Great work Russell!

I have mine sat on my desk here at work having just got it and want to run
it exactly as you have done (ie as a slave backend)

Are you going to document the steps you have gone through? As it would save
me duplicated effort!

Martin