[mythtv-users] Auto poweroff an idle front-end?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 22:29:22 UTC 2013

On Apr 10, 2013 2:07 AM, "George Nassas" <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:

> On 2013-04-07, at 1:41 PM, Michelle Dupuis wrote:
>
> > I now have several mythtv front-ends and often find front-ends running
unused for days.  Is there a way to configure a front-end to power itself
down if has been idle for (eg) 2 hours?

> Following on the suggestion of using standby mode you can go into Setup
-> General to tell the frontend how long it should wait before entering
standby mode and then have a cron job that runs every 5 or 10 minutes which
tests for that by checking for output from this command:

> curl -s http://localhost:6547/Frontend/GetStatus | grep
'<Key>currentlocation</Key><Value>standbymode</Value>'

> a non-empty result means its safe to shut down the frontend machine.

Do you have to be using mythwelcome for this to work?