[mythtv-users] HDTV how to archive?

Teruel deCampo MD chusty at attglobal.net
Tue Apr 9 18:25:16 UTC 2013

Q: how do you archive either DVD or Blu-ray (?) programs recorded in
HDTV?

I have just got a comcast STB RNG110 for HDTV.
The STB is connected to a HD-PVR and I'm using the firefox input for the
tuner.
All is working very well.

Before (in low def) whenever I wanted to save a program I created a DVD
sometimes with menus using mytharchive.
Now the size of the files is somewhere larger ;-). What approaches do
you have to save those programs you are interested on?

Is there a way to make more than one DVD for one program?
Is there a way to burn a blu-ray? I do have a blu-ray burner.
Any tips are very welcome.

Thanks guys

-=terry=-