[mythtv-users] Mount options for XFS?

Paul Stillwell bigboi at wackywombats.com
Sun Apr 7 18:54:24 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have several drives in my Mythtv system that are XFS. I had a power outage last night and one of the disks wouldn't mount cleanly this morning. I had to do an 'xfs_repair -L' to clear the log in order to mount the filesystem. Needless to say, I lost several recordings from yesterday. Are there some mount options I should be using so that the log file gets written out more frequently (in case this happens again)? My current mount command (in /etc/fstab) looks like this:

UUID=c7b87644-75c3-4bc9-a383-d05fcc1481b0 /video1                 xfs     defaults        1 2

Or is there something else I should be doing to get the log/metadata written out more often? I lost things that recorded much earlier in the day (hours before) that looks like the metadata wasn't written out.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Paul