[mythtv-users] holtek keyboard mappings not recognised

Mike de Plume mike at mikedeplume.com
Mon Apr 1 22:10:51 UTC 2013

I have a box that comes with a IR interface that reports itself as a
HOLTEK keyboard. Not a problem - I read the wiki entry
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Generic_HID_%22MCE%22_Remotes and created a
setxxkbmap as described.

I remap a number of keys, but, as an example, I want to remap the rewind
key from Ctrl-Alt-B to '<'

I run the resulting command file and use 'xev' to see what is coming
through from the remote and it works pretty much as expected. I still
get the Ctrl and Alt, but the basic character code is what I want.

I go into Mythfrontend (MythTV 0.25) and try to set the sticky fast
forward key. Pressing the remote rewind key produces Ctrl-Alt-B instead
of the remapped value.

Just to be sure, I dig around (Mythubuntu) and make sure that my
remapping command file is executed automatically on startup.

Same problem.

How do I get the frontend to recognise the new mapping?

or

Why does the frontend see the default mapping instead of the device
specific one that xenv clearly sees?

Cheers

Mike S.