[mythtv-users] frontend won't shutdown on a combinded FE/BE

stinga stinga at wolf-rock.com
Fri Sep 28 17:38:12 UTC 2012

On 28/09/12 09:49, Gordon Taylor wrote:
> On 28/09/12 20:06, stinga wrote:
>> On 28/09/12 08:34, stinga wrote:
>>> I am using linhes as my base for mythtv and I would like it to
>>> shut-down when not in use.
>>> It never does though.
>>>
>>> I am using mythwelcome and at the moment it says idle next recording
>>> in 4 hours and it will just sit there doing.
>>> What can I look at to try and work out why it won't shutdown?
>> Never mind,
>>
>> I will upgrade first to latest linhes release which will give me a
>> newer mythtv release.
>> Lets see if that does anything to help.
>>
> I am not sure exactly what you are wishing to do, or why you would
> wish to. I am not sure that one can shut down the front end on a
> standalone machine. There is an option in the menu to put the front
> end into Standby mode.
>
> It is the backend which is giving that Idle, next recording in four
> hours message.

Hmm, I meant backend of course!

--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga at wolf-rock.com         o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use>   (O)  X<   ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\