[mythtv-users] UK Freesat retune

David Edwards david at more.fool.me.uk
Fri Sep 28 09:25:04 UTC 2012

On 28 September 2012 08:08, stinga <stinga at wolf-rock.com> wrote:
> On 27/09/12 20:11, David Edwards wrote:
>> Based on that thread, I was very naughty and just ran this manually in the DB:
> Why is that naughty? That's how I update all my channels!

Any manual tweaking has the potential to waste people's time when it
causes unforeseen problems. For example, imagine the scene in two
years time when I do an upgrade which fails, I ask on the list for
help, everyone tries to troubleshoot, and several days later after
many emails back and forth it turns out that it failed because there
was an unexpected value in the DB that was only there because of the
manual DB change which by then even I have forgotten about.

David