[mythtv-users] frontend won't shutdown on a combinded FE/BE

Gordon Taylor gordon at clear.net.nz
Fri Sep 28 08:49:15 UTC 2012

On 28/09/12 20:06, stinga wrote:
> On 28/09/12 08:34, stinga wrote:
>> I am using linhes as my base for mythtv and I would like it to
>> shut-down when not in use.
>> It never does though.
>>
>> I am using mythwelcome and at the moment it says idle next recording
>> in 4 hours and it will just sit there doing.
>> What can I look at to try and work out why it won't shutdown?
> Never mind,
>
> I will upgrade first to latest linhes release which will give me a
> newer mythtv release.
> Lets see if that does anything to help.

I am not sure exactly what you are wishing to do, or why you would wish
to. I am not sure that one can shut down the front end on a standalone
machine. There is an option in the menu to put the front end into
Standby mode.

It is the backend which is giving that Idle, next recording in four
hours message.