[mythtv-users] No external channel change input box for Hauppauge 1600 digital

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Thu Sep 27 14:47:24 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-27, at 12:23 AM, Adrian Fox wrote:

> Is there a reason that not external channel changer can be specified and, more importantly, is there a way to make one appear?

I got around this limitation by hanging a script off the backend's "RecStarted" event. The event fires for all recordings on all cards but as one of the script parameters you can get the card id to test for the device you want controlled. Have a look yonder: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_System_Events

When I first deployed my script I found there were multiple rec started events getting published for each recording so I added a little something to deal with that but otherwise it's strait-forward and reliable. My script has been working great for around two years.

- George