[mythtv-users] UK Freeview - Over a hundred conflicting channels

Dave Sexton list-mythtv-users at jack.org.uk
Wed Sep 26 09:12:33 UTC 2012

Hi List,

I hope someone can help.

My region has just gone through the so-called 'Sigital Switchover', where they
have turned off the old analogue channels, turned up the power a bit on the
digital channels and added HD channels.

Before this process started, my myth boxes were able to happily scan for and
find the fifty or so available channels without any problems. Now after a san,
it says it is able to find 34 non-conflicting channels and 139 (!) conflicting
channels. It will not insert any of them automatically and will only suggest
incorrect channels numbers for them. When I attempt to go through them
manually I notice that many channels are duplicated.

I have three separate Myth backends, so I would really like to not have to do
this manually (using mythtv-setup across a VPN is painful). No normal TV is
having a problem re-tuning, so it is logically a problem with Myth.

I have even tried re-creating the 'Video Source' to try and rule out conflicts
with old data. This did not help any.

I have also found this bug ticket : http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10054
I details what looks to be a similar problem but was fixed on 0.24fixes. I am
running 0.25.2. Is it possible that there has been a regression in this area?

The suggest option on the conflict dialog for 'BBC One' suggests channel number
4169. For those outside of blighty, BBC One shold be on channel 1. All other
conflicting channels have equally incorrect suggestions.

Attached should be the output from mythtv-setup.

Is there anything I can do to not have to spend hours manually going through
all of the channels every time I ned to re-tune?

Thanks in advance,

Dave