[mythtv-users] HELP! 64bit Mythbuntu spontaneously reboots (32bit didn't)

Jksj jksjdevelop at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 20:11:47 UTC 2012

On 25/09/12 08:54, David Edwards wrote:
> I can't give advice, but I can say that I've had pretty much all those
> symptoms over the past 6 months on my Zotac Atom/Ion FE. I'd had the
> freeze with repeated audio loop occasionally for years and suspected
> ALSA. Eventually I upgraded from 10.10 to 11.04 so I could upgrade
Just to confirm this, I too have a first gen Nvidia ion atom comb and I
have suffered the same symptoms as David.
System stability was hopeless on recent Ubuntu kernels.
Ubuntu 11.10 with Nvidia 295.20 was stable.
Then useless until 12.04.1 kernel 3.2.0-29 with  nvidia 295.49 .
The issues were  video hang, last audio block looping.
Kernel 3.2.0-30 is not stable, I have not tried 31.
It makes no difference whether 32 or 64 bit kernels are used.
I am sticking with 3.2.0-29 nvidia 295.49.