[mythtv-users] add season and episode number to mythlink.pl

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Sep 24 22:46:48 UTC 2012

On 9/24/2012 17:47, Jeremy Jones wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 3:30 PM, Richard Morton
> <richard.e.morton at gmail.com <mailto:richard.e.morton at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I think the OP is asking for season and episode number to be added
>     to the filename pattern with mythlink rather than being added to
>     meta-data. i.e. using the meta-data to construct the filename and
>     make the information browsable/sortable in non-myth applications.

> I wasn't aware mythTV wrote metadata to recordings.  If it doesn't, and
> this metadata does exist, then wouldn't it be simpler to modify the
> program that is creating the metadata to make the symbolic links?

The metadata already exists in the database. Mythlink accesses that
metadata from the database, and uses it in combination with a formatting
string to produce a filename to symlink back to the recording. Something
like...

--link '/share/recordings (by date)' --format '%Y-%m-%d/%T - %S'

would produce a symlink such as...

/share/recordings (by date)/2012-09-18/Go On - There's No "Ryan" in Team.mpg

The OP is looking for someone to add additional formatting tags that
would be replaced by the season and episode numbers