[mythtv-users] New blue-abstract theme 1.8

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Sep 24 14:55:17 UTC 2012

On 09/24/2012 10:42 AM, David Edwards wrote:
> On 24 September 2012 14:50, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> why not just do that work in $HOME/.mythtv/themes/ and then the Theme
>> Chooser will show that now-customized theme as one that's installed:
> I didn't know that. It's even easier than I thought, then! When I have
> a moment, I will put this on the wiki (assuming it isn't there
> already?).

Ooh!  That would be great--especially if it's coming from someone who
actually went through the process to get it working (so, would be much
better than anything I'd write up).  Thanks.

> Seems like an ideal workflow for those who like to tweak their
> favourite theme; no need to reinvent the wheel.
>
> I think it's fair to assume that anyone up for editing .xml files will
> be able to checkout a git repo too.

Yeah, at least for now.  :)  And if we need to, we can always add tips,
later, for things like cloning/pulling/merging.

FWIW, I hope to move Terra, MythCenter, and MythCenter-wide to the
MythTV-Themes project on github after 0.26 is released (actually, I
hoped to do it during 0.26 development, but got too busy with work).  At
that point, all themes will be "external" (whether in MythTV-Themes or
some other repo--such as an SVN or Google Code repo or whatever), so
could be modified with similar approaches, just using whatever tools are
appropriate for the repo.

Mike