[mythtv-users] Episode /series not always populated. UK RT data source

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Sep 24 12:47:03 UTC 2012

On 09/23/2012 02:37 PM, Stephen Robertson wrote:
> I've quite recently moved back to using downloaded (radio Times) data
> rather than EIT.  It seems to be working mostly fine.  However some
> recordings don't seem to have the episode / series information extracted.
>
> Looking at the Programme Details screen for a recording I can see an
> entry "Episode Number" it's of the format E14S2.  For this recording
> if I view the recording metadata then the series and episode fields
> are zero.  There are other recordings where the" episode Number" is of
> the same format and the metadata fields are populated correctly.
>
> Any thoughts ?

The season/episode numbers in MythTV's database are not related to
grabber-provided season/episode numbers.  They are used for storing the
metadata source season/episode numbers after performing metadata
lookups.  This is done this way because there is no definitive source of
ordering information (often channels show episodes in different orders,
especially in different countries).

So, if you want season/episode information populated, set up the
metadata grabbing portion of MythTV (which generally means you need to
update your recording rules to specify which series you're recording and
such).

Mike