[mythtv-users] Script for viewing Frontend status in MythWeb?

Chris Watson mythtv-users at needhammarket.co.uk
Mon Sep 24 12:06:46 UTC 2012

I was just wondering if anybody has produced a script for viewing the
status of one or more frontends within MythWeb?

I imagine that this must be possible using the frontend control socket
- I know for instance that the 'query location' command returns the
timestamp of the current position in the playback, together with the
filename of the program being played.  Presumably this could be
queried against the database to find the program name.

I guess it would also be possible to use the GetScreenShot action via
the API to display a grab of the current playback location if so
desired.

Unfortunately, I dont have the nounce to script this myself, but
wondered if anybody had done anything like this in the past?

I can find a similar question being asked about four years ago
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/356979?search_string=frontend%20status;#356979),
but no real answer.

As an aside, that thread also makes reference to remote control of the
frontend via Mythweb, but I cannot see a way to implement this - or
mention of it in the MythWeb wiki?