[mythtv-users] HD-PVR or something else?

Chris Bannister cbannister at slingshot.co.nz
Sun Sep 23 03:49:52 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 03:49:44PM -0400, Dan Wilga wrote:

> I am still using the older firmware that came on the device, since
> my kernel is 2.6.x and lacks the newer module needed to communicate
> correctly with the newest firmware.

Theoretically, it should be possible to upgrade the kernel on its own,
all you should really need to worry about is firmware (e.g. for your
network cards etc.), udev, and initramfs-tools.

Practically, I am not sure because I am not yet running mythtv, and I am
not sure if you have access to the package management tools without
having to jump through hoops.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X