[mythtv-users] Transcoding DVB from MPEG2 to MP4 keeping the subtitles

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Sat Sep 22 13:31:12 UTC 2012

Hi, I have previously saved space on some recordings I want to keep by
converting them to mp4. I'd like to do that but also retain the
subtitles. I've been testing the process using ffmpeg with the option
-scodec copy but I get the error "Could not write header for output file
(incorrect codec parameters)"

I don't know anything about the details of the subtitle formats in mpeg2
and mp4. I guess my simplistic copy isn't adequate.

Is there a recommended way of doing this?

Thanks

Ken

believed to be clean.