[mythtv-users] Intermittent MultiRec Failure on HD-5500 After Upgrade to 0.25-2

Junk Moody moodyjunk731 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 04:33:00 UTC 2012

I've recently upgraded from MythTV 0.24 to 0.25-2 and I now get
intermittent recording failures which prevent all future recordings until
reboot. I've deleted all tuners and re-added them after the upgrade with no
change.

Several dozen MultiRec recordings will happen just fine, and then a
recording gets "stuck" on a tuner and all future recordings on any tuner
seem to not get dispatched. Several hours after the recording should have
ended the "stuck" recording is still shown as green in Previous Recordings
list along with status O, implying it is still recording, but no file is
created; missed recordings don't show in the Previous Recordings list at
all. After reboot the missed recordings show as red with status M in the
Previous Recordings list.

So far all failures have occurred only on HD-5500 (2 different systems) and
only when MultiRec>=2. HDHomeRun with default MultiRec=2 so far has not
shown the problem. Also HD-5500 with MultiRec=1 (no MuntiRec) has not shown
the problem.

I can't see anything in the mythbackend.log to help identify a problem.
Suggestions?