[mythtv-users] PVR350 problems with Myth 0.25.2

Ken Mink ken.mink at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 13:23:33 UTC 2012

On 9/12/12 9:59 AM, Tim Scholl wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Neil Bird <neil at fnxweb.com
> <mailto:neil at fnxweb.com>> wrote:
>
>     Around about 12/09/12 09:56, Dave Pearson typed ...
>
>         This won't be any help to you, but I am experiencing similar
>         problems with
>         my PVR250's (I've got one in my MBE and one in my SBE). I
>         sometimes get a
>         flashing stripe about 20% of the height of the screen at the top
>         - it's as
>         if it's being torn from the image (if that makes any sense).
>

>        OK, time for an AOL moment:  me too.
>
>        Except, I have 0.24.x still (with my PVR-350), and I only ever
>     use it (the card) for s-video in:  it's not configured for TV (and
>     wouldn't work now, anyway, as all our analogue channels have been
>     turned off).
>
>        Maybe once a month I get a stuffed recording like that (my
>     flashing strip *seems* to be a distorted checker board pattern), and
>     the problem lasts for the whole recording.  I've never noticed it
>     run into another (back-to-back) recording, but that situation may
>     not have ever occurred.
>
>        I had initially thought it was my satellite box, but I've come to
>     believe it's my card (or, at least, PVR-based), and had just thought
>     it was starting to go (so I'm going to get a new s-video card for
>     the new box I'm building up).
>
>        It hasn't always done it, but I couldn't say it started after a
>     Myth update though.
>

> I'd save your money and hold off on buying a new card.  The symptoms I
> is see is either the flashing bar, or the same "(flashing strip that
> *seems* to be a distorted checker board pattern)" that your seeing.
>

> --
> Tim Scholl

I am seeing the same problems with my PVR-500. I also have a HVR-2250 in
the same box. It uses the ivtv driver and does not have the problem. The
issues started with the upgrade to 0.25. I'm currently running

MythTV Version : v0.25.2-21-g099533d
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.25
Network Protocol : 72
Library API : 0.25.20120506-1
QT Version : 4.7.2
Options compiled in:
  linux release use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto
using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_v4l2
using_v4l1 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode
using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live
using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2