[mythtv-users] Frontend hangs 3 minutes after resume

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Thu Sep 20 18:36:11 UTC 2012

On 9/20/12 2:21 PM, Joseph Fry wrote:
> There was a discussion recently about killing mythfrontend before the
> system sleeps and starting it automatically when it wakes... perhaps
> that would cure the problem.
Personally, I kill all of Xorg upon waking (and restart lircd). I had
been running into things that just didn't work correctly otherwise. In
particular where LIRC was concerned, I found that everything was fine if
I woke the machine within a few minutes of it sleeping, but longer waits
would result in LIRC not responding. Something similar would happen with
one of the connections the frontend uses to talk to the backend (I
forget which one now.)

Of course, I set this up a long time ago. It could be that the frontend
is now more tolerant of whatever timeout was causing this problem.