[mythtv-users] My backend goes out to lunch in mythtv.25

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Sep 20 03:04:17 UTC 2012

Rick <rbonafied at gmail.com> says:
> I've been running .25 for about 4 months.  Since upgrading, I've
> noticed the backend stops responding to the frontend rather
> frequently.  By frequently, I would have said 1 to 2 days.

In addition to Tom Hayward's advice, try starting mythbackend with the
--noupnp flag. If you have /etc/sysconfig/mythbackend, for example,
add

OPTIONS="--noupnp"

to it.

I think the flag will prevent using HLS (the MythTV-on-Android stuff
discussed a lot on the list lately), but will make the
frontend-backend connection more reliable in my experience. It will
also stop the constant

HttpServer126 servicehost.cpp:134 (Invoke) - MethodInfo::Invoke - An
Exception Occurred: Not Authorized
HttpServer127 servicehost.cpp:405 (ProcessRequest) - Not Authorized

in the mythbackend log. (What causes that, anyway? I think it started
after I tried out the JWPlayer embedded in mythbackend's internal
Webserver.)