[mythtv-users] Question about Auto-expire

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 18 21:58:11 UTC 2012

On 09/18/2012 02:28 PM, Robert Dege wrote:
> Is there a notification icon that lets you know if a recorded show has
> been preserved or not?  I checked both mythweb, and mythfrontend, but
> didn't see anything.

I don't know if there's a state type for preserved episodes for themers
to use--and if so, don't know if any themes use it.  I'd recommend you
preserve an episode (Watched Recordings, MENU|Storage Options|Preserve
this episode), then see if anything shows up.  Also, you may be able to
see it in the F1/1 "help" popup in Watch Recordings.

> Also, is it common for the max number of recorded shows to differ
> between mythweb and mythfrontend?  Yesterday, I changed the max
> recordings from 20 to 17.  Mythweb shows the new max shows, but when I
> went into the frontend, it still showed 20.  Plus, the backend failed
> to remove the oldest, so now I have 18 recordings on my box.

That sounds like you have 2 different rules for the same show?  Check
your recording rules carefully (in MythWeb's Recording Rules page or
mythfrontend's Manage Recordings|Recording Rules).

Mike