[mythtv-users] MythTV Android Not Playing

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Sep 18 00:42:31 UTC 2012

* On Sun Sep 16, 2012 at 06:24:04AM -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
> 21:33:07 | /StorageGroup/Streaming/1031_20120831190000.mpg.480x272_800kV_64kA.m3u8
> | http://192.168.0.4:6544/StorageGroup/Streaming/1031_20120831190000.mpg.480x272_800kV_64kA.m3u8

OK, those look OK.

Can you try one modification to the patch I sent previously?  In my original
testing, I think I saw one player that didn't like having anything more than
the filename on the lines in the playlists.

Can you edit libs/libmythtv/httplivestream.cpp and find
HTTPLiveStream::SetOutputVars.  We need to force setting

m_httpPrefixRel = "";

at the bottom of that function.  You can either paste the above line
in directly at the bottom of the function or comment out the
if/else if/else block so that the last line in the file is the
existing m_httpPrefixRel = ""; and it always gets executed.

I'm wondering if the player doesn't like having the path on the URL.
Daniel sent me a packet capture he made and I can see the stream being
started and the player re-querying the backend until 3 segments are ready,
then the player downloads the meta/main playlist but it doesn't request
either of the individual stream playlists, so I think that it doesn't
like the URLs having the path on them.

--
Chris