[mythtv-users] Android Mythfrontend problem (no channels found)

ohaya at cox.net ohaya at cox.net
Sat Sep 15 10:23:14 UTC 2012

---- ohaya at cox.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get the Android Mythfrontend app working with Myth 0.25.  I can get the app to connect to the Myth backend, but when I click "Watch TV" I get "No channels found".
>
> I stood up a separate Mythbuntu machine with just a frontend, to make sure that I could connect to the backend remotely, and that separate frontend works fine.  I just can't get the Android app to work.
>
> Looking at the backend log file, when I connect from the Android app, I can see a message indicating that it's adding a client, but then I don't think I see any other messages when I try to click "Watch TV" on the app.
>
> Can anyone tell me what else I might need to do to get the Android Mythfrontend app to work?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

Hi,

FYI, here's the mythbackend.log when I connect from the Android app:

Sep 15 06:20:32 mythbuntu mythbackend[1221]: C ProcessRequest mainserver.cpp:1259 (HandleVersion) MainServer::HandleVersion - Client speaks protocol version 56 but we speak 72!
Sep 15 06:20:32 mythbuntu mythbackend[1221]: W ProcessRequest mainserver.cpp:5801 (connectionClosed) MainServer: Unknown socket closing MythSocket(0xa10ec20)
Sep 15 06:20:33 mythbuntu mythbackend[1221]: I ProcessRequest mainserver.cpp:1360 (HandleAnnounce) MainServer::ANN Playback
Sep 15 06:20:33 mythbuntu mythbackend[1221]: I ProcessRequest mainserver.cpp:1362 (HandleAnnounce) adding: new-host-2.home as a client (events: 0)

When I click "Watch TV" there isn't any additional log messages in the mythbackend.log file.

Jim