[mythtv-users] Problems with the new Mythbuntu 25.25 theme

John Finlay finlay at moeraki.com
Sat Sep 15 10:06:24 UTC 2012

On 9/14/2012 8:00 PM, Thomas Mashos wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 7:59 PM, John Finlay <finlay at moeraki.com> wrote:
>> On 9/13/2012 10:27 AM, F.B. Parker wrote:
>>>
>>> Greetings
>>>
>>> I'm running a combo BE/FE machine with MythTV 0.25-fixes and Mythbuntu
>>> 12.04, all up-to-date.
>>>
>>> I like to use the Mythbuntu theme. But it seems that there's a problem
>>> with the new Mythbuntu 25.25 theme. The "Watch recordings" screen has the
>>> following problems:
>>>
>>> 1) Banner/fanart don't show up properly.
>>>
>>> 2) No preview shot or program info or the icons for "Commercials are
>>> flagged", "The program is able to auto-expire", etc., show up as I scroll
>>> through the shows.
>>>
>>> This has always worked well in the past.
>>>
>>> Ideas? Work-arounds?
>>>
>>> -FBP
>>>

>> I have several problems with this theme upgrade similar to the problems
>> listed above. This is completely broken from 25.24. How do I revert to
>> 25.24?
>>
>> John

> Did you try the fix?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Thomas Mashos

You mean the workaround that requires changing the painter to opengl?
Yes that allows the fanart and preview images to show but if there is no
coverart and no fanart  the preview is not shown at first i.e. the
preview does not show until a program is selected, deselected and then
reselected.

Looking at it a bit more using the qt painter it seems that a program
has to have fanart in order to display the preview - no fanart, no
preview - even if coverart is available. If the fanart is available then
the above select, deselect and reselect is required to get a preview
image displayed.

John