[mythtv-users] Anybody having problems with SchedulesDirect?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 15:06:40 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 10:28 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 09/13/2012 08:26 PM, Matt Emmott wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, September 13, 2012, Joseph Fry wrote:
>>
>>  Try running with '--dd-grab-all'.

>>> --nodblog -v file,network --loglevel debug --logpath /tmp
>>>
>>> This is definitely a network or filesystem issue, or an issue with
>>> schedules direct... the logs I have seen so far clearly show failure to
>>> download any listing data.
>>>
>>>  Yes, the output I posted earlier was the result of that. I'll dig into
>> the
>> results to see if I can web to the addresses in there.
>>

> No, that was the output of the "flood the log with useless information in
> the hope of obscuring any interesting issues" approach using
> mythfilldatabase -v all.
>
>  2012-09-13 11:21:10.982153 N  Enabled verbose msgs: all
>>

> Joseph's 2nd request for logs ( http://www.gossamer-threads.**
> com/lists/mythtv/users/527941#**527941<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/527941#527941>--and, for that matter, his 3rd/the re-request,
> http://www.gossamer-threads.**com/lists/mythtv/users/527981#**527981<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/527981#527981>) makes more sense than the first request for -v all logs--because the 2nd
> approach tries to get specific extra info that may actually be useful
> (though --nodblog is really unnecessary).
>
> However, the first log that any user who's having issues should ever post
> should be a default-verbosity log file--as opposed to excerpts from a log.
>  All we got from you was an excerpt of things you thought might be
> relevant.  Generally, though, a user who doesn't understand why something
> isn't working is the worst person in the world to decide which information
> from a log file is relevant.  And, since a default-verbosity log file
> generally has a lot of useful information and isn't too large to post, it's
> always the best starting point.  It's also much better than a log file with
> too much information that might hide important details and, especially, a
> log file with so much information that the user cut out some portion of the
> middle of it, thereby making it hard to figure out what's happening
> overall.  :)
>
> Mike

Well, the full log was quite a bit of data and it appeared to be pretty
redundant. I thought I would post what appeared relevant in the hopes that
it would be an easy fix. Further, after posting the much longer logs above,
I was notified that it needed to be approved by a mythtv-users moderator
before it could be posted.

But back on topic, does anybody have any ideas as to how I could fix this?
I'm on day three with no tv listings.