[mythtv-users] MythTV newbie questions

Tyler T tylernt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 14:19:01 UTC 2012

> Once I had established the tuner was
> working, I wanted to use the workstation as only a frontend, so I
> uninstalled mythtvbackend.

See, you're thinking logically. Stop that. ;) Mythtv likes to have the
FE *and* BE installed on *every* machine. On the machines you want to
be FEs, you just don't run the BE executable. On machines you want to
be BEs, you just don't run the FE executable.

> * Not really MythTV related, more xfce
> I don't have a mouse on the mythtv system, so
> how do I open the xfce main menu using only the keyboard?

I don't, but if this is a dedicated FE you can alter your xinitrc file
to launch MythTV automatically so you don't have to use any keystrokes
at all.