[mythtv-users] Anybody having problems with SchedulesDirect?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 14 02:28:15 UTC 2012

On 09/13/2012 08:26 PM, Matt Emmott wrote:

>>> /bin/bash and running mythfilldatase. Same issues. I'm open to other ideas,
>>> it stinks coming home with no recordings!
>>>

>> Did anyone get the output of this:  mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all
>> --nodblog -v file,network --loglevel debug --logpath /tmp
>>
>> This is definitely a network or filesystem issue, or an issue with
>> schedules direct... the logs I have seen so far clearly show failure to
>> download any listing data.
>>
> Yes, the output I posted earlier was the result of that. I'll dig into the
> results to see if I can web to the addresses in there.

No, that was the output of the "flood the log with useless information
in the hope of obscuring any interesting issues" approach using
mythfilldatabase -v all.

> 2012-09-13 11:21:10.982153 N  Enabled verbose msgs: all

Joseph's 2nd request for logs (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/527941#527941 --and,
for that matter, his 3rd/the re-request,
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/527981#527981 ) makes
more sense than the first request for -v all logs--because the 2nd
approach tries to get specific extra info that may actually be useful
(though --nodblog is really unnecessary).

However, the first log that any user who's having issues should ever
post should be a default-verbosity log file--as opposed to excerpts from
a log.  All we got from you was an excerpt of things you thought might
be relevant.  Generally, though, a user who doesn't understand why
something isn't working is the worst person in the world to decide which
information from a log file is relevant.  And, since a default-verbosity
log file generally has a lot of useful information and isn't too large
to post, it's always the best starting point.  It's also much better
than a log file with too much information that might hide important
details and, especially, a log file with so much information that the
user cut out some portion of the middle of it, thereby making it hard to
figure out what's happening overall.  :)

Mike