[mythtv-users] Anybody having problems with SchedulesDirect?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 14 02:27:09 UTC 2012

On 09/13/2012 11:36 AM, Matt Emmott wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 11:18 AM, Joseph Fry wrote:
>> I don't recall where mythfilldatabase writes it's temporary files to
>> (likely /tmp)... perhaps you have a permissions issue, a file that cannot
>> be overwritten, or a full drive?
>>
>> Can you post the relevant portions of "mythfilldatabase -v all"
> Good call on the disk space, I hadn't thought of that. I have plenty of
> space, though. I also tried sudo mythfilldatabase, no luck.  My full paste
> was over a meg and pastebin didn't like it, so I yanked a bunch of text out
> of the middle. The paste is at http://pastebin.com/GQRKhQSf

FWIW:

> 2012-09-13 11:21:10.987400 E  Error parsing:
> /home/matt/.mythtv/config.xml at line: 1  column: 1
> 2012-09-13 11:21:10.987492 E  Error Msg: unexpected end of file

Your config.xml is empty.  Fix it or delete it and then run mythtv-setup
to have it create a new/proper one for you.

Then, try logging in to the Schedules Direct website and clicking on the
"Re-Add All Lineups" link ( https://www.schedulesdirect.org/lineups/readd ).

When you test mythfilldatabase, please, from now on (at least until you
get one successful run), always use --dd-grab-all.  Also, you may want
to use --dd-grab-all all the time.  See
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/449426#449426
and
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/449416#449416
for details about --dd-grab-all . After performing the 2 steps above,
feel free to try mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all to test.

If it still doesn't work, see
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/526599#526599 and
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/520484#520484 for
some other issues users have had recently that caused mfdb failures.
(Note: I take no responsibility for the terrible quoting/attribution in
those threads, but you should be able to find the relevant information
from the posts specified--it's just not nearly as easy as it should be
had users properly quoted and deleted irrelevant info.)

Mike