[mythtv-users] Problems with the new Mythbuntu 25.25 theme

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Thu Sep 13 22:22:30 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 2:58 PM, Kingsley Turner <krt at krt.com.au> wrote:
> On 14/09/12 03:27, F.B. Parker wrote:
>>

>> Greetings
>>
>> I'm running a combo BE/FE machine with MythTV 0.25-fixes and Mythbuntu
>> 12.04, all up-to-date.
>>
>> I like to use the Mythbuntu theme. But it seems that there's a problem
>> with the new Mythbuntu 25.25 theme. The "Watch recordings" screen has the
>> following problems:
>>
>> 1) Banner/fanart don't show up properly.
>>
>> 2) No preview shot or program info or the icons for "Commercials are
>> flagged", "The program is able to auto-expire", etc., show up as I scroll
>> through the shows.
>>
>> This has always worked well in the past.
>>
>> Ideas? Work-arounds?
>>

> OMG I thought it was just me!
>
> My "Watch Recordings" screen jumps around - as if it was trying to "slide
> in" the GUI, and has inky blackness on the bottom 1/3 of the screen.
>
> I have switched to one of the blue themes, hopefully temporarily. You should
> hear the plummeting WAF and KAFs.
> I would have preferred to simply revert to a previous version of the theme
> (how does one do this?)
>
> The only thing I could think of doing is removing the cached version.  But I
> hadn't gotten around to that yet.  If you've got the problem too, it
> probably wont make a difference.
>
> And if the maintainer of this awesome theme is listening: can you *please*
> add the Eye-Of-Sauron "Watched" icon to recordings.
>

> thanks,
> -kt

Hmm, odd. Those changes were submitted and tested by someone for the
0.25 theme, which I don't have access to (only 0.26 here), so I was
only able to test on 0.26 (which worked on the netbook I tested on).

Since it's working on my end in 0.26, can I get a screenshot of what
is happening? As a workaround, you can download a previous version of
the theme from ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/mythtv/themes/0.25/

As for the Eye-of-Sauron, consider it under consideration.

Thanks,

Thomas Mashos