[mythtv-users] All Lossless Transcodes Failing?

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 12:48:39 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 5:05 AM, Scott and Nicole Harris
<snharris99 at live.com> wrote:
>> From: rkulagow at gmail.com
>> Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 20:36:03 -0500
>> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] All Lossless Transcodes Failing?
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > I think this is good guidance:
>> >
>> > http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6626#comment:4
>>
>> Possible, but this is something new, at least in my particular
>> situation. Prior to 0.26, I had 99.99% success with lossless
>> transcoding. Since 0.26, it's 100% failure.
>>
>> Yes, yes, git bisect. But there are only so many hours in the day... :(
>
> I have to agree, what does this have to do with http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6626#comment:4 ?
> Not the same issue, and this issue appears to be a regression with 0.26.  I have no troubles at all with these transcodes with < 0.26.  Maybe 1 in 100 would fail.

OK, I jumped the gun in suggesting that these failures are similar --
I didn't realize this was a recent systematic failure.

Git bisect is great, though it's hard when the bisection range spans a
DB schema change, and even more so for a major update like the recent
UTC change.

Jim