[mythtv-users] No network: no frontend

Bob Long bob at oblong.com.au
Thu Sep 13 11:50:27 UTC 2012

MythTV Version : v0.25.2-19-gcf06841
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.25

Combined backend/frontend.

My understanding was that a MythTV box can (should?) be configured so
that its network address is static, and that that IP address be told to
the backend and to the frontend.

However, if the network for some reason can't connect (in my case, a
wireless connection to the router), then the frontend won't start in the
normal manner, and I'm presented with the language selection menu of the
frontend. Attempting to cancel that just restarts the frontend and it
returns to that menu.

Is there an easy way around that (assuming that for some reason the
network connection can't be quickly re-established, eg., router
failure)? Or have I got the configuration wrong? In other words, must
MythTV have a working network connection for operation?

Thanks.

--
Bob Long