[mythtv-users] Problem with Parental Control pin on 0.25

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Tue Sep 11 03:43:29 UTC 2012

> I am having an issue with parental controls with mythtv 0.25-2.  I am
> using minimyth-0.25-2.81.
>
> The problem:
>
> * Parental controls are set to default to level 1
> * Default view is Gallery Mode
> * When I enter watch videos, I am shown the files/folders that are
> appropriate for level 1
> * Pressing 4 should prompt for the Parental Pin, but instead highlights a
> specific movie or folder. ( 1 always highlights the same movie, 2
> highlights a different movie consistently, etc. )
> * I never get prompted for the pin and as a result, I can not change
> levels.
>
> Changing the view from Browse to list, etc doesn't affect the problem.
>
> What is interesting, is that this doesn't happen on all of the frontends.
>  I have two frontends running minimyth-0.25.2.81.  They net boot from the
> same exact image.  One exhibits this issue and the other doesn't.  This
> made me thing it was a local settings issue, so I deleted the settings from
> the bad frontend and copied exact the ones from the other frontend:
>
> DELETE FROM mythconverg.settings WHERE hostname = 'mythliv';
> INSERT INTO mythconverg.settings SELECT value,data,'mythliv' FROM
> mythconverg.settings WHERE hostname = 'mythbed';
>
> Unfortunately, this has not resolved the issue either.
>
> I also tested to make sure the IR events were the same between working and
> not working systems and they were.

Can you connect a keyboard and see if you can reproduce the issue?  I
suspect an issue with the remote/lirc.  I know that in some modes, the
numbers will operate as though you were using the numberpad with numlock
off... so 1 would be end, 2 would be down, 3 would be pg down, and 4 would
be left.  Any chance this is what you are seeing?