[mythtv-users] A few 0.25 mythfilldatabase questions

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 15:13:58 UTC 2012

On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 12:01 PM, Chris Bannister
<cbannister at slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 10:46:38AM -0400, Tom Dexter wrote:
>> I may just leave the db logging on and see how it goes.  One concern I
>> had is that I've seen my logs get pretty busy in the past from ffmeg
>> messages when bad weather/reception has causes a recording to be a
>> little dodgy...especially during comflagging.  Is there some good way
>> around that?
>
> Other than moving?
>
> --
> "If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people
> who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the
> oppressing." --- Malcolm X

Actually my reception here is really good...usually at least 80%
signal on most all channels.  However occasional severe thunderstorms
can cause problems.

Even stuff like running a blender can cause enough temporary
interference to get tons of this stuff during playback and
commflagging:

2012-08-16 03:18:12.205 [mpeg2video @ 0xb67cbba0]mb incr damaged
2012-08-16 03:18:12.222 [mpeg2video @ 0xb67cbba0]slice mismatch
2012-08-16 03:18:12.264 [mpeg2video @ 0xb67cbba0]mb incr damaged
2012-08-16 03:18:12.281 [mpeg2video @ 0xb67cbba0]mb incr damaged
2012-08-16 03:18:12.307 [mpeg2video @ 0xb67cbba0]ac-tex damaged at 66 29
2012-08-16 03:18:12.332 [mpeg2video @ 0xb67cbba0]invalid cbp at 24 30
2012-08-16 03:18:12.382 [mpeg2video @ 0xb67cbba0]mb incr damaged
2012-08-16 03:18:12.416 [mpeg2video @ 0xb67cbba0]ac-tex damaged at 31 32
2012-08-16 03:18:12.450 [mpeg2video @ 0xb67cbba0]ac-tex damaged at 14 33
2012-08-16 03:18:12.540 [mpeg2video @ 0xb67cbba0]invalid mb type in B
Frame at 15 34
2012-08-16 03:18:12.568 [mpeg2video @ 0xb67cbba0]invalid mb type in B
Frame at 7 36

When that happens, ffmpeg is VERY verbose as you can see (several
lines per second).

Tom